Keeping your music, data, and revenue secure is extremely important. With that in mind, we put together some of our best practices to keep your ONErpm account safe. Make sure you give them a read, and feel free to reach out to us if you need help.
Your Artist Dashboard at ONErpm.com is where all the magic happens. It’s how you get your music out for distribution, release your streaming revenue, get support with any issues you might have, and much more. Preventing others from getting access is super important. Your intellectual property is valuable! And of course, so are your streaming royalties.
Make sure you’re careful about what you are clicking on. Some links are harmful, and clicking on them could give account access to the wrong people. This is commonly known as phishing. In a situation like this, someone will send you an email that appears to be from a legitimate company. In the email, they might ask you to click on a link in order to take some sort of action. Don’t do it! Once you click, you can end up installing unsafe malware on your computer, giving some nefarious internet villain access to your sensitive info.
You need to have a strong password. Plain and simple. For your ONErpm account, your password should follow these characteristics in order to keep it safe:
- Strong passwords are at least eight characters long
- Contain both upper and lower case characters (e.g., a-z, A-Z)
- Have digits and punctuation characters as well as letters e.g., 0-9, !@#$%^&*()_ etc
- Are not based on personal information, names of family, etc.
If you have a weak password, people could easily guess it, steal money, music, or even upload songs that aren’t yours. Imagine, you go on Spotify for Artists to check out your next release, and there’s a bunch of songs out that aren’t yours!
Do’s and Don’ts
Please keep these general do’s and don’ts in your mind moving forward.
- Share passwords!
- Store passwords in unencrypted files.
- Give your password or sensitive company information over the phone to someone you don’t know.
- Write it down in a place others can see.
- Open suspicious links sent to your email. Always verify who sent it and if it’s any person or brand you trust.
- Check your account frequently and notify us if there is any suspicious behavior!
- Change your passwords sometimes to ensure privacy.
Remember, at ONErpm we care about your music and career. We will never ask you for your passwords or log-in credentials to our website dashboard. If you ever need help, log-in to your account, click Support on the left-hand menu, click My Tickets, and then create a support ticket. Someone from ONErpm will make sure you get help with what you need.