Hey ONErpm family! We wanted to provide you with a short breakdown covering how to edit your Spotify artist bio. Your bio is a great place to give your fans an up-close and personal view of your inspirations and achievements. This space can also contain excerpts of critics’ reviews and interviews, announcements, and more.
Don’t forget to include a call-to-action inviting your fans to listen to your most recent releases and your personal playlists.
How To Edit Your Artist Bio
- Open Spotify for Artists, go to Profile, and scroll down to the text field under “Artist Bio.”
- Write or paste your bio (1,500 characters maximum)
- Input links to anything on Spotify. Paste Spotify links directly into the text field or just use the @ symbol to link to whatever you want to — artists or albums that inspire you, playlists you are featured on or other artists you have collaborated with.
- Hit “Save”
Basic Rules For Editing
Spotify has some basic rules that should be followed when writing your artist bio.
- “Don’t violate anyone’s copyrights. That means no copying unless you have permission.
- Hate speech and discrimination of any kind is strictly prohibited and will be removed immediately.
- Bullying, threats of violence, or harassing individuals or groups are not permitted anywhere on Spotify. That type of content will be removed.”
Looking for more?